About the School
J. S. Abrams Elementary School will develop productive,self-motivated learners who take pride in their accomplishments and contributions to society.
We will work in harmony with the community and parents to provide a challenging curriculum in a safe and engaging environment that nurtures the lifelong learning process.
J.S. Abrams School was built in 1960 to serve grades 7-12. In 1980, a new J.S. Abrams Primary School was built. After building the new primary school, J.S. Abrams High School served grades 6-12 until 1987. In 1987, the high school closed; sixth grade scholars became a part of Abrams Primary School. Seventh and eighth grade scholars transferred to J.A. Davis Middle School and 9th-12th grade scholars transferred to Jess Lanier High School.
The J.S. Abrams High School building became a part of the Abrams Primary School, which is now known as J.S. Abrams Elementary School serving grades K-5.
- Everyone is capable of learning.
- All individuals deserve to learn and work in a safe and supportive environment.
- Everyone deserves to be taught an appropriate yet challenging curriculum.
- Everyone deserves an opportunity to obtain a high-quality education.
- Positive relationships and mutual respect among all individuals promote high self-esteem.
- Scholars should be provided a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievements.
- Education is a shared responsibility between home, school and community.
- Continuous improvement is essential to enable scholars to become confident, self-directed and lifelong learners.
- Come to school on time.
- Be prepared for class.
- Attend school regularly.
- Dress appropriately.
- Follow school rules.
- Respect themselves and others.
- Help keep our school clean and safe.
- Do their best.
I am capable of doing great positive things.
There is no one else exactly like me.
I have feelings that can be easily hurt - please be gentle with me.
I have ideas to share - please listen to me.
I want to do my best every day and every way.
I am your future - please help encourage me to be the best I can be.